Gran Turismo is probably one of the most popular video game sagas on video consoles ever since it first appeared two decades ago on the first PlayStation to be released. Sony’s game has always been the mirror in which many other racing titles have looked and has managed to maintain its high level until now. Preserving those standards of perfection when it comes to creating a game is really complicated, that’s why the effort made by the developers of Project CARS and this second installment should be praised.
The community to the rescue
The truth is that Project CARS 2 is the creation of Slightly Mad Studios and an enthusiastic developer community (World of Mass Development) who were searching for a decent driving simulation alternative for PC. The entire development was financed by both parties with the contribution of the gamers. Project CARS 2 has worked really well on the realistic side of the game, getting hold of official licenses for dozens of real-life cars that give the game plenty of credibility, as well as other features:
- 180 real-life cars perfectly recreated and with their official license.
- Several game modes, some of which are new such as rallycross or oval.
- Different racing surfaces.
- LiveTrack 3.0: the track changes with the weather and as time and cars go by.
- Compatible with gamepads.
- Used by professional racing drivers.
If you’re into driving games and you’re looking for a realistic option to experience in the most faithful manner possible all the ins and outs of car racing, you definitely have to download Project CARS 2.