DiskDigger can recover* deleted files from various types of media that your computer is able to read, whether that be hard disks, USB flash drives, memory cards or optical media such as CDs, DVDs, and floppy disks.
DiskDigger can recover lost files from your media storage device no matter how you managed to lose them. You may have accidentally deleted some documents or photos from your computer, or you could have reformatted your camera’s memory card, or maybe you just want to see what is on an old USB drive. Whatever the situation, DiskDigger is a great application for data recovery.
DiskDigger has two modes of scanning available; ‘Dig Deep’ and ‘Dig Deeper.’
Key features of Dig Deep include:
- Undelete files from FAT (FAT12, FAT16, FAT32), NTFS, and exFAT partitions.
- Filter recoverable files by name and size.
- Sort recoverable files by name, size, date, and directory.
Key features of Dig Deeper include:
- Scan (carve) entire disk for traces of specific file types.
- Works in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported, as well as Linux.
- View recoverable files as a list, or as thumbnail previews.
- Able to scan virtual disk image files: VHD files (Microsoft Virtual Hard Disk) and VDI files (VirtualBox disk image).
- Direct binary disk images.
- When digging deeper, ability to start scanning from a specific location on the disk.
- When previewing files, the program optionally shows the first 4K bytes of the file as a hex dump.
*In order to have full functionality of DiskDigger, and have the option to save the files which have been previewed, you will need to purchase a license key.